What is Options Counseling?
Options Counseling is a service we provide that is available to older adults age 60 and over and people with disabilities of any age regardless of income or disability. If you want an experienced professional to help you make informed decisions about your health and wellbeing living in your place of choice, our Options Counselors can help you.
How Does It Work?
Our Options Counselor will work with you, your family and support system to develop a person-centered care plan based on your unique goals and preferences. No matter where you are – at home, in the hospital, nursing home or rehabilitation facility, our Options Counselor will connect you to the in-home services and supports and community resources available to help you remain in your place of choice. They will meet you and those who you trust and rely on for support, such as family members or significant others, to discuss your needs and preferences by providing:
- Advice on program eligibility and enrollment
- Unbiased information about long-term services and supports
- Help with referrals to community resources and experts specializing in the field of your particular disability
- A person-driven approach to ensure your choices are respected
- Follow up and help with planning next steps